We will again be traveling to Rosarito, Mexico to help with orphan prevention by means of interacting with the local people in need, hosting a VBS style program throughout the week, as well as building a house for a family in need with the goal of demonstrating Jesus’ love and to prevent the situation where their children would be taken from them due to poor living conditions.View images and videos from the 2016 Mexico trip
This Orphan Care Ministry commitment is to defend the fatherless (Psalm 82:3), attend to the needs of the orphan (James 1:27), and to be an instrument by which God sets the lonely in families. (Psalm 68:6).
We will be based out of Grace Children’s Home which provides orphan prevention, foster care, and a full-service group home with upwards of 40 children, ages 0-18.
June 4-10, 2017
Team Target & Size
Families & Individuals of any age
We will be helping build a home for those in need, so basic physical abilities to help in construction, or carrying up a minimum of 10 lbs are helpful. There are many roles one can partake in such as construction and engineering, to simply helping move supplies around, painting, cutting wood, hammering, etc.
- Must be a committed follower of Jesus Christ demonstrating spiritual and emotional maturity
- Willingness to serve and submit to fellow team members, trip leader(s) and other missionaries we go to serve
- Commitment to pray for our trip and the team during the preparation and duration of our trip
- Understanding that serving overseas will attract spiritual warfare before, during and after the trip
- A willingness to give this to the Lord in prayer and resist the enemy
To be announced
Deadline to Sign Up
To be announced
SGC GO Team will be partnering with YUGO Ministries for this trip. For more information on YUGO, please visit their website.
For questions or to sign up, please contact the Mexico Trip Coordinator or by contacting the church office at 303.986.1527.