SE Asia Trip
For this trip, we will be bringing Bibles into SE Asia for Hmong, Khmu & other ethnic minority believers. The only way to get Bibles to believers in these countries is for a westerner to carry it in from a non-restricted country. Each participant will have the opportunity to carry several hundred Bibles into these countries while also having a chance to meet and interact with indigenous missionaries in these places.
Mid-November 2017 (for two weeks). For detailed information on dates & locations, please contact us.
Team Target & Size
This trip is an advanced short-term mission trip, meaning it is 1. In developing, restricted countries, 2. Requires an amount of participant flexibility as we can quickly encounter a change of plans, 3. Security sensitive, 4. Constantly changing environments.
- Previous international travel and previous service on an international mission trip are highly recommended prior to doing this trip.
- We will be on the move constantly, staying in a new location every night and traveling via multiple transportation methods daily (plane, bus, train, boat, taxi, van, etc.).
- Participants should be prepared to travel to multiple developing countries and travel light with minimal personal belongings.
- Must be comfortable and flexible traveling in a frenzied, busy cultural environment.
Ability and willingness to:
- Pick up and carry a heavy load of bags containing Bibles daily.
- Travel internationally on a 12-15 hour flight to South East Asia.
- Live in close community and cramped quarters for the duration of the trip.
- Observe security restrictions for the safety of the team and our contacts in-country.
- Must be a committed follower of Jesus Christ demonstrating spiritual and emotional maturity
- Willingness to serve and submit to fellow team members, trip leader(s) and other missionaries we go to serve
- Commitment to pray for our trip and the team during the preparation and duration of our trip
- Understanding that serving overseas will attract spiritual warfare before, during and after the trip
- A willingness to give this to the Lord in prayer and resist the enemy
Deadline to Sign Up
SGC GO Team is partnering with Biblia Global for this trip. For more information on Biblia Global, please visit their website.
For questions or to sign up, please contact the SE Asia Trip Coordinator or by contacting the church office at 303.986.1527