Our Mission and Vision
We believe the mission and vision of the church is something we discover from the pages of Scripture. God has clearly set before us what we are supposed to be doing. God’s mission and vision for us are encapsulated in the Great Commandment and the Great Commission:
THE GREAT COMMANDMENT: “You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.” Matthew 22:37-40
THE GREAT COMMISSION: Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:18–20
Therefore, what was first with Jesus…
LOVE GOD, LOVE OTHERS, MAKE DISCIPLES
…is first with us:
LOVE GOD. We are a community of Jesus followers whose overarching motivation for all we do is simply that God is worthy to be cherished. Therefore, we seek to be a community of Jesus followers who love God through:
- Offering worship in spirit and truth
- Proclaiming His Word passionately and unapologetically
- Seeking His face in fervent prayer
- Walking in the Holy Spirit
LOVE OTHERS. We are a community of Jesus followers committed to loving as Jesus loved so that all people discover their place in God’s story. Therefore, we seek to be a community of Jesus followers who love others by:
- Displaying a ministry of grace and truth
- Being powerfully transformed by the love of Jesus
- Engaging all generations in ministry
MAKE DISCIPLES. We are a community of Jesus followers passionately Advancing Jesus’ Life-Transforming Movement of Disciples Making Disciples (DMD). Therefore, we seek to be:
- A simple church committed to impact over activity
- A community of Jesus followers passionate about reaching the lost
- An ever-expanding network of regular Life Groups
- A movement transcending our local fellowship
The Mission Explained
Advancing Jesus’ Life-Transforming Movement of Disciples Making Disciples (DMD)
The primary command in the Great Commission is to “make disciples.” A disciple is someone who is fully committed to following Jesus and becoming like Jesus. How do we “make disciples”? The Great Commission spells this out for us with three action words: Go, Baptize, Teach.
As we go about life, we intentionally and relationally share the good news of Jesus Christ with others. By the grace of God, some will decide to follow Jesus and make a public profession of faith called baptism. Then we teach these new disciples to joyfully obey all Jesus commanded. And if these new disciples truly grasp the command of Jesus to make disciples, they will teach others to make disciples who make disciples. The mission of the church is to be disciplemakers who make disciplemakers.
Our Strategy for Making Disciples: the 4E’s
Our strategy is a process to make, mature, and multiply disciples, which is summarized in our 4E process:
- Engage: Like Jesus, we want to be intentional and relational, engaging people with the good news of the Gospel.
- Establish: Once people begin to turn from sin and trust Jesus, we want to establish them in the basics of a deeper relationship with God.
- Equip: To help people grow toward maturity, we want to equip them with a solid foundation to love God, love others, and make disciples.
- Expand: As we follow Jesus and become more like Him, we are sent out to expand His kingdom by training and investing in others who can continue this process to multiple generations.
To put legs to our 4E strategy, we invite those who are committed to multiplying disciples to become part of one of our 4E groups, where Jesus’ followers are inspired and trained to live out the 4E lifestyle.
Our Core Values
2 Timothy 4:2