We desire to minister to women in ways that are relevant for single, married, working and widowed women. Our vision for Women's Ministry is to bring together intergenerational teams of women to serve the women of SGC and help fulfill the mission of the church to "Advance Jesus' Life-Transforming Movement of Disciples Making Disciples." We believe that happens best in relationships and we desire to increase opportunities for women to gather together in a safe place where they can bring their friends.
We offer weekly Bible studies on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings (see details below), several events throughout the year for women to gather together in intergenerational fellowship and fun, a Women's Christmas Tea in early December, and a retreat in the Spring. We also have a Women’s Missionary Prayer Team that meets the last Monday of every month to pray for our missionary women. And if you’re interested in mentoring or being mentored, there are applications on the round Women’s Ministries table in the Welcome Center that you can complete and drop in the box. If you have questions about any of these events, or want more information about our mentoring program, please contact Pat Roseman at firstname.lastname@example.org.Women's Brochure 18-19
(Dates & Times Subject to Change)
Summer Bible Study/Discussion Group
Saturday, June 29
Details to come!
Fall Kick-Off Brunch
September 7, 2019
Details to Come
Canvas & The Creator
September 21, 2019
Saturday Morning Coffee Break
Friday, December 6
Weekly Bible Studies
Women in the Word
The foundation of Women’s Ministries is study, discussion and application of God’s Word. We intentionally offer a variety of studies to choose from. All of our studies break into small groups because we highly value the relational connection. We do not study for information, but for transformation which takes place within a group of caring friends. God’s Word applied happens within our stories, struggles, and fears. How do we know that inner transformation is taking place? We are responding more like Jesus would respond!
Studies take place September through May at Southern Gables Church on Tuesday Mornings from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. Studies for 2018-2019 will begin September 11th, 2018. Childcare is available (sign up here).
- Study of Mark: an interactive time of studying God's Word and fellowship. Led by Kathy Miedema and Ann Olson.
- David: Seeking a Heart Like His by Beth Moore. Led by Sharon Johnson and Karen Fitzpatrick.
We also offer two studies on Wednesday mornings, which meet at various locations (for more information, contact us at 303-986-1527). Childcare not provided.
- Caring Hearts Bible Study: Experiencing God's Word by Elizabeth George (Book Cost: $10) There are approximately 30 women in this group. They meet together for a devotional, then break in to 3 groups of 8-12 women for the bible study. For the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month, the group meets in the Outback at SGC. On the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month, they meet in homes. This group is led by Pat Carlton and Holly Moore.
- This bible study will begin with a brunch on Wednesday, September 5th at the home of Rose Glass.
- Neighborhood Bible Study: Gideon: Your Weakness, God's Strength by Priscilla Shirer (Workbook Cost: $12.99) This bible study will start September 26th at 10:00 a.m. It will meet at Green Mountain Club House #2, 650 Youngfield Court, Lakewood, Colorado. This group is led by Mary Jo Watwood and Micki Shade.
Moms Together in the Word
Moms Together in the Word is a community of moms of young children who come together on Tuesday mornings from 9:00-11:30 a.m. in Room 173 to visit and study the Bible, while your children are lovingly cared for with purposeful teaching. This study is easy to prepare for and we discuss practical application to our daily life. We encourage any of you to reach out to young mothers in your neighborhood or friendships to join us. If you have a new infant, bring them to the study with you. Led by Claire Knapp, Lenora Hanson, Michelle Baylor, and Gabby Golden. Email us!
Join us for:
- Mentoring from experienced Moms
- Lots of time for conversation
- Study of God's Word (Fall 2018 - The Book of Mark)
An excellent children's program is available for all Tuesday morning Bible studies, including Moms Together in the Word, for children birth up to kindergarten. For childcare, sign up here!
For more information about any of our Bible Studies, contact Pat Roseman at (303) 986-1527, ext. 217 or email email@example.com.
Not Alone Group
Not Alone is a group of ladies meeting for fellowship, encouragement, and building up one another. They meet to discuss a recent sermon, have a meal together, and enjoy an outing. Not Alone is typically composed of ladies in various seasons of life: widows, single, divorced, and those who come alone to church. Their outings and events are posted on the church calendar (click here). Not Alone usually meets two Sundays a month following the second service in room 173. For questions, contact Dianne Forberg (firstname.lastname@example.org).